1. How we met and fell in love.
I have known Tyler since our sophomore year of high school. We met in the cafeteria at school and became best friends almost instantly. Anyone who knows Tyler knows that he is a very funny guy. He knows how to make anyone laugh, ( one of the many things about him that I fell in love with <3 ) and that is what interested me about him the most! Who doesn't want to be around a funny guy, right? At the time, he wasn't going to church and I got him to start coming with me. After a few months of church, he made a decision to give his heart to the Lord! He decided to devote his life to God. And, little did he know, this gave me the excuse I needed to allow myself to fall head over heels for him! I had made a promise to God that I wouldn't date guys that hadn't given their life to God, and when Tyler did, I could start to see him as more than a friend (even though I secretly already had feelings for him!) After that, it was only a matter of time before he worked up the courage to ask me out. He was a very shy guy! ( it's sweet! ) And, of course, I said yes! Our anniversary of the day we started going out was January 2, 2010. Which, by the way, is the date we picked for our upcoming wedding in 2014! Tyler was my first boyfriend (and last!) and it was all a brand new experience for me!
|This is a picture of us a couple of months after we started dating, our junior year of high school. I'm on the right side and he's on the left. Sorry about the bad quality, we were on a bus : )|
2. Exactly a month after we officially started going out, ( Ground hog's Day ) we had our first kiss! It's a very sweet story, but maybe for another time!
3. Our birthdays are exactly a week apart! We were both born the same year, and we were both born in December, exactly 7 days apart. Which, of course, is so fun for gift buying especially with Christmas right in between and our anniversary right after *sarcasm* : )
4. Timeless Valley
When we first started going out, we didn't get to spend much time together. So, we quickly came up with what came to be called "Timeless Valley" Timeless Valley is an escape. It is whatever we want it to be. It's a place where everything is perfect and a special place just for us. When we are stressed from the cares of the day or just lonely, when we can't spend time together or are apart for whatever reason, we'll go to Timeless Valley. Usually we will be on the phone and we will just make believe ( no, I'm not afraid to admit that, make believe is awesome! ) that we are together. If you don't have something like this, I would highly recommend it! Within minutes, you can be on an island with your toes in the sand, watching a beautiful sunset with the one you love! To explain it further, below is a poem that I wrote about it back in 2010. ( I took that picture too, right before a storm! )
5. We both love cartoons! ( only the old and good ones )
6. Tyler's nickname for me is Kitten! <^..^>
|Ty drew this for me!|
7. He proposed to me on my 20th birthday. He took me to a local lake when it was really stormy and cold. We went out to a dock, he got down on one knee, and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him!
8. Our song is " You'll Be In My Heart " by Phil Collins! Yeah, that one song from the Tarzan movie ( I know it's weird, but it's a sweet song! )
9. We do a thing called "Just Because I Love You Day" It's a day when one of us surprises the other with gifts just because I love you!
|This was what Ty got me for our last JBILYD!|
10. We complete each other.
|An old photo from a photo booth.|
11. We both adore kitties ( obviously )
12. We are fully committed to each other.
13. We are deeply and madly in love!
Well, I hope you enjoyed the post! Leave a comment below if you did. Have a great day and thanks so very very much for stopping by <^..^>