Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Update

So, a couple of weeks ago, I posted about our new puppy.  And, I'm sure all of you are on the edge of your seat just waiting to find out what we decided to name him, right? right?  Well, I won't keep you anticipating another second longer!  Drum roll please.....  Introducing...................... Domino!  I know perfect name right?  We decided that we would not continue the tradition of using the letter "s" as the first letter of our pets' names because, well, it gets pretty confusing sometimes as you can imagine :)  Why Domino?  Well, mostly just cuz it sounded right.  We had a small list of names we liked and the best one turned out to be Domino.  He might not have the spots, but he does have some white on his chest, close enough. :P

I know I promised some cute pictures, but he is incredibly hard to photograph!  He won't sit still long enough to get a good one.  So far, the best picture I have of him is the ones I took at the shelter..  I do have one semi-good one though.  Here ya go.


 Adorable right?  I just wish I could capture his true personality.  I make that a goal with all the pets I have.  You've seen the awesome one of Shadow which I just HAVE to post again!  I am in love with this photo!


Ok, back to the puppy, sorry bout that :)  So, when we first brought him home to meet Shadow, Scooter, and Smudges, they reacted the same way any cats would, they hid, swiped, and hissed.  But, to my total surprise, a fight did not ensue.  Instead, Domino screamed and whined repeatedly and ran as fast as his little puppy legs could carry him to hide behind my legs.  He then continued to cry until I picked him up and cuddled him.  It was actually quite comical!  And, I was relieved that he was more scared of the cats than they were of him (considering when he gets older, he could really hurt them).

He LOVES to cuddle with me!
And, now, it seems like the cats are adjusting very nicely.  They don't seem to be angry that we brought a dog into their territory (although I'm sure they were at first), and everyday marks a new milestone.  The cats inch closer day by day, and some of them have even dared to get near enough to brush fur!  Amazing right?  And, wonder of wonders, just a few days ago, Smudges (the most skittish of our three)  was brave enough to touch noses with little Domino!  I was shocked out of my skin!  I guess that means he accepted him, which is really awesome!  And, Domino?  He is getting braver as the days go by.  But, I think he understands that the cats are in charge.  And that's the way it should be!

Anyways, what does the addition of Domino mean for the blog?  Well, I'm not sure yet.  But I am considering changing the name of the blog to include him somehow.  He is part of our family now!  And, hopefully we will be able to offer some reviews and giveaways (fingers crossed!)  for dog themed products too!  Anyone have any good ideas on how to include little Domino?

Well, that's all I have for now but, I shall leave you with one more adorable picture of our puppy in all his furry glory!  This picture really shows how fuzzy he truly is :)


Thanks for reading!




1 comment:

  1. He is absolutely adorable. What a cute name for a cute puppy!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love if you would leave us a comment! Thanks :)